Our Privacy Notice explains:
- What is Personal Information?
- What information does Loop collect about you?
- What information Loop will not collect about you?
- Why does Loop collect your personal information?
- How does Loop use your personal information?
- With whom might Loop share your personal information?
- How does Loop obtain your consent?
- How long will Loop retain your information?
- Why and how does Loop use 3rd-party advertising and analytics?
- What are your choices regarding your personal information?
- How does Loop secure your personal information?
- What does Loop do for personal information storage and processing?
- What if Loop makes Changes to this privacy notice?
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information means information about an identifiable or identified natural person or information is can be used to identify a natural person but does not include business contact information. Types of personal information include, without limitation, your home address, your telephone number, your date of birth, your personal email address, your credit card or other financial information.
WHAT INFORMATION LOOP COLLECTS ABOUT YOU
Loop needs to collect information about you to provide you with the Services or the support you request. The type of information we collect can vary depending on the country from which you access our Services. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide information to us.
Information Provided By You
Loop collects information you provide when you fill out a Customer Application either manually or on our Website, when you log in to our Website, when you communicate with us, answer our surveys, upload content, or otherwise use the Services.We collect information about you when you use our Services, including:
- Identification Information. Your name, your company name, email address, mailing address(es) and phone number(s) when you apply or sign up for a Customer Account or other Services, signature, and authentication credentials (for example, information you use to login to your account), including IP address.
- Financial Information. Information such as bank account, credit card numbers, credit reports, and other publicly available information.
- Transaction Information. When you install our Hardware and use our Services, we collect information about when and where the transactions occur, the “basket information” of such transactions, a description of the transactions, if available, the MAC Addresses from all mobile devices detected by the Hardware, the payment amounts, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions (but not credit or debit card numbers or the name of the purchaser or any other information based on which we would be able to identify that purchaser).
- Non-Transaction Information. When you install our Hardware and use our Services, we collect information unrelated to actual transactions including Hardware temperature, your Wi-Fi network name and password, diagnostic and technical information sent to your receipt printer(s) by your Point of Sale terminal(s), the signal strength and distances of devices in range of the Hardware, any public IP addresses associated with your internet network and other the existence of devices connected to your network.
- Other Information You Provide. Information that you voluntarily provide to us, including your survey responses; participation in contests, promotions, or other prospective seller marketing forms or devices; suggestions for improvements; referrals; or any other actions performed on the Services.
Information We Collect From Your Use of our Services
We collect information about you and the devices you use to access the Services, such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet. The information that we collect includes:
- Precise Geolocation Information. The location of your device. For more information and to learn how to disable collection of location information, please see below.
- Device Information. Information about your device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Use Information. Information about how you use our Services, including your access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the domain name of your Internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system, any specific page you visit on our platform, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your visit to or use of the Services, your search terms, the website you visited before you visited or used the Services, data about how you interact with our Services, and other clickstream data.
- Business Information. Information about products and services you sell (including inventory, pricing and other data) and other information you provide about you or your business.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We also collect information about you from third parties, including:
- Identity Verification. Information from third-party verification services, credit bureaus, financial institutions, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. In some circumstances, where lawful, this information may include your government-issued identification number.
- Background Information. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may obtain background check reports from public records of criminal convictions and arrest records. We may use your information, including your full name, government-issued identification number, and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Credit, Compliance and Fraud. Information about you from third parties in connection with any credit investigation, credit eligibility, identity or account verification process, fraud detection process, or collection procedure, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law. This includes, without limitation, the receipt and exchange of account or credit-related information with any credit reporting agency or credit bureau, where lawful, and any person or corporation with whom you have had, currently have, or may have a financial relationship, including without limitation past, present, and future places of employment, financial institutions, and personal reporting agencies.
Our Services are general audience services not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
WHAT INFORMATION LOOP WILL NOT COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We do not collect personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, and the processing of genetic information, biometric information in order to uniquely identify a person or information concerning health or sex life and sexual orientation. We ask that you not communicate or provide these elements of information to us. We will not use your personal information for decisions based solely on automated processing if the decision produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affects you, unless you gave your explicit consent for this processing.
WHY DOES LOOP COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, Loop collects and processes your personal information for legitimate reasons including, without limitation, providing, improving and developing our Services, communicating with you about our Services, protecting our services and maintaining a trusted environment, advertising and marketing, in respect of the performance of a contract, in order to fulfill our legal obligations, because you consented to our collection and use of it, and for the legitimate business interests of Loop.
HOW DOES LOOP USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information about you for a number of purposes, including:
(a) Providing, Improving, and Developing our Services
- Determining whether the Services are available in your country;
- Otherwise providing you with the Loop Services;
- Providing, maintaining and improving our Services;
- Developing new products and services;
- Delivering the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages including to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance for problems with our Hardware, the Services or your Customer Account;
- Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of our Services;
- Measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of our Services.
(b) Communicating with You About our Services
- Sending you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us about our existing or future Services;
- Conducting surveys and collecting feedback about our Services.
(c) Protecting our Services and Maintaining a Trusted Environment
- Investigating, detecting, preventing, or reporting fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, other potentially prohibited or illegal activities, or to otherwise help protect your Customer Account;
- Protecting our, our customers’, or your customers’ rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services;
- Enforcing our General Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies;
- Complying with any applicable laws or regulations, or in response to lawful requests for information from the government or through legal process;
- Fulfilling any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services;
- Contacting you to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance with our Services.
(d) Advertising and Marketing
- Marketing of our Services;
- Communicating with you about opportunities, products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, surveys, and rewards offered by us and select partners;
- If we send you marketing emails, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “opt out” of receiving future marketing or other communications.
To learn about your choices regarding interest-based advertising and cross-device tracking, please see below.
(e) Other Uses
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services from time to time.
- WITH WHOM DOES LOOP SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
(a) With our Affiliates
- With our group of companies and corporate affiliates, for the purposes outlined above.
(b) With Third Parties
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., hosting services, fraud prevention, identity verification, and fee collection services), as well as financial institutions, payment networks, payment card associations, credit bureaus, partners providing services on Loop’s behalf, and other entities in connection with the Services;
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities on our behalf or in connection with our Services.
(c) Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of one or more of the Services; or
- In connection with (including, without limitation, during the negotiation or due diligence process of) a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring; the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets; financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business; or other corporate change.
(d) Safety and Compliance with Law
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (e.g., from tax authorities, law enforcement agencies, etc.); (ii) to enforce or comply with our General Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies; (iii) to protect our or our customers’ rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services; or (iv) to protect us, users of our Services or the public from harm, fraud, or potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
(e) With Your Consent
- With your consent. For example:
- At your direction or as described at the time you agree to share;
- When you authorize a third party application or website to access your information.
(f) Aggregated and Anonymized Information
- We also may share (within our group of companies or with third parties) aggregated and anonymized information that does not specifically identify you, your customers or any individual user of our Services.
HOW DOES LOOP OBTAIN YOUR CONSENT
Loop obtains your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the reasonable and necessary purposes set out above. When you provide Loop with your information, such as for signing up to receive emails about business developments, communicating with us through the website or the Services, using the website or the Services, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy, in accordance with the principles outlined in this Notice.
HOW LONG DOES LOOP RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We generally retain your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law. However, even after you deactivate your account or otherwise stop using the website or the Services, we can retain copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, to enforce our General Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
Certain cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or application session and expire when you close your browser or exit the application. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to use the Services and, as such, will last longer.
- Remember that you have visited us or used the Services before. This allows us to identify the number of unique visitors we receive, so that we can provide enough capacity to accommodate all of our users.
- Customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of our Services.
- Collect data about the way you interact with our Services (e.g., when you use certain features).
- Collect data to assess and improve our advertising campaigns, including sending information to our business partners.
- Allow our business partners (including third parties) to use these tracking technologies to track your behavior on our behalf on our Platform (including when you use multiple devices) and on partner websites.
- Enable third parties to collect data about the way you interact across sites outside of our Services.
- Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Services (including the length of your web or application session) and the location from which you access the Services, so that we can improve the Services and learn which elements and functions of the Services are most popular with our users.
Some of the cookies used in the Services are set by us, and others are set by third parties who deliver services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers are set to automatically accept cookies by default. However, you can change your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
You also can learn more about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies on different types of browsers and mobile devices. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used in the Services, you may not be able to take full advantage of the website or the Services.
We also may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, track the number of visits to our website, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
- WHY AND HOW DOES LOOP USE 3RD-PARTY ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
This Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, third-party cookies, web beacons, or other tracking technologies, which are covered by such third parties’ privacy policies. For more information, we encourage you to check the privacy policies of these third parties to learn about their privacy practices. For more information about targeted advertising specifically, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Examples of our third-party service providers to help deliver our Services or to connect to our Services may include:
- Google Analytics: We may use Google Analytics to understand how our Services perform and how you use them. To learn more about how Google processes your data, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/. To opt out of Google Analytics please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
(a) Personal Information
You may access, change, or correct information that you have provided by at any time or by making a request to us using the contact details below, in which case we may need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
(b) Your Data
You may at any time, by making a request to us using the contact details below, request to download and archive all information, data and Content that has been collected by Loop via the Hardware associated with your Customer Account from the date such Hardware was installed to the date of your request. We may need to verify your identity before providing you the ability to download the same.
(c) Deactivating Your Account
If you wish to deactivate your Customer Account, you can do so by emailing us using the contact details provided below.
(d) Do Not Track
(e) Promotional Communications
You can opt out of receiving promotional messages from Loop by following the instructions in those messages, by informing the caller that you would not like to receive future promotional calls, by emailing or texting “STOP” to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by changing your notification settings by logging into your Customer Account. Opting out of receiving communications may impact your use of the Services. If you decide to opt out, we can still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts and messages about your Customer Account or our ongoing business relations.
(e) California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at the address listed below.
HOW DOES LOOP SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Loop takes reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission or storage of your information. We hold information about you both at our own premises and with the assistance of third-party service providers. If, despite all our efforts, a data breach does occur, Loop shall do everything in its power to limit the damage. In case of a data breach which is likely to result in a high risk, and depending on the circumstances, reasonable actions to inform you about remedial actions to prevent further damage, it is our responsibility to inform the relevant supervisory authority or authorities without undue delay.
INFORMATION STORAGE AND PROCESSING
We may, and we may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information in the United States, Canada, Japan, the European Union and other countries.
WHAT IF LOOP MAKES CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
HOW DO YOU CONTACT LOOP ABOUT PRIVACY CONCERNS
Loop Insights, Inc.
541 Howe Street, Suite 2F
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6C 2C2